Friday, June 3, 2011

Reading List

I just finished reading "The Bond" by Wayne Pacelle. It was listed as the book for May's VegNews Book Club, but wasn't sure if I was going to read it or not. When I found it at the library, I decided to give it a shot.



I was pleasantly surprised. It is the kind of animal advocacy book that is well suited to a meat eating crowd because it touches on all aspects of animal cruelty. It doesn't ever feel like an attack on meat eaters like some animal advocacy and vegan literature can, but makes the reader aware of how things really are. It's also great because in addition to the sad truths, there are good stories as well as positive changes for the future. If you get a chance, I definitely recommend it.

This weekend we stopped at Skylight Books, where Derick bought me this. . .



I've been wanting to check this book out for quite a while. I started thumbing through it over the weekend, and I can't wait to try out some of the recipes.

No comments: